Western India: Gujarat and Rajasthan
One can see some globally threatened species like Indian Vulture, White-rumped Vulture, Red-headed Vulture, Sociable Lapwing, Great Indian Bustard, Forest Owlet, Egyptian Vulture, Lesser Florican, White-naped Tit, Stoliczka’s Bushchat, Green Avadavat, Greater Spotted Eagle, Eastern Imperial Eagle, Great Knot, Marbled Duck, Indian Spotted Eagle, Dalmatian Pelican, Indian Skimmer, Lesser White-fronted Goose, Sarus Crane, Macqueen’s Bustard, Saker Falcon, Yellow-eyed Pigeon, Eurasian Curlew, Pallid Harrier, Laggar Falcon, Cinereous Vulture, Ferruginous Pochard, Darter, Painted Stork, Black-headed Ibis, Black-bellied Tern, Black-necked Grebe, Black-tailed Godwit, Eurasian Roller and Lesser Flamingo. Other notable birds found in Gujarat are Grey Hypocolius, Demoiselle and Common Cranes in thousands, Greater Hoopoe Lark, Crab Plover, Eurasian Oystercatcher, Greater Flamingo, Great White Pelican, and many varieties of waterfowl.
Gujarat is home to some unique mammals like Asiatic Wild Ass and Asiatic Lion which cannot be seen anywhere else in the world in their natural habitat. Besides these mammals, Gujarat has a large population of Blackbucks, Indian gazelle, striped hyena, Desert and Indian Fox, Indian Grey Wolf, Honey Badger and Sloth bear for mammal enthusiasts. Rajasthan has some of the most important places like Ranthambhore and Sariska where one can see the beautiful Royal Bengal Tiger.
The most important birding and wildlife areas of western India are Little Rann of Kutch, Greater Rann of Kutch, Gir National Park, Blackbuck National Park, Jamnagar, Aravali Hills, Dang Forest, Gulf of Khambhat and Desert National Park.
- Birding Gujarat: 15-17 nights
Ahmedabad (1 night) – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Greater Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Jamnagar (3 nights) – Gir (3 nights) – Velavadar (2 nights) – Vadodara (1 night) – Dangs (3 nights) -Ahmedabad – Aravalli (2 nights) – Ahmedabad
- Mammals of Gujarat:
Ahmedabad (1 night) –Velavadar (2 nights)– Gir (3 nights) – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Aravallis (3 nights) – Ahmedabad
- Short Birding Tours / Photo Tours (4-10 nights)
- Ahmedabad – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights)- Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad- Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Velavadar (2/3 nights) – Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Greater Rann of Kutch (3 nights)- Ahmedabad [Desserts of Gujarat]
- Ahmedabad – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Great Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Jamnagar (2 nights) – Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad – Gulf of Khambhat (2 nights) – Little Rann of Kutch (3 nights) – Velavadar (2 nights) – Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad – Great Rann of Kutch (4 nights) – Ahmedabad
We specialize in designing customized tours depending on your interest and time availability. Please contact us for designing a perfect experience for you.